TheBanyanTree: snow, snow, and more f'ing snow

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Tue Feb 16 10:49:32 PST 2010

Quoting Laura <wolfljsh at gmail.com>:

> I don't understand why they can't ski in the rain.  We ski in the
> rain here in
> KY.  On lakes, even.  What I really want to know is, how do they get the ski
> boats up to the tops of the mountains?

ha!  I was just out running at lunch.  Had to wear the Yaktrax because
the sidewalks are a snow-packed mess where they are not a
five-inches-of-dirty-slush type mess.  And anyway, a guy was xcountry
skiing down the 3rd street sidewalk that runs along campus.  He was
really smiling, either because he was happy to be on cruising along on
skis, or because he thought he was doing something hilariously funny.
I hated to be the one to tell him that there is the occasional twenty
feet of sidewalk which is completely melted off because there is a
steam tunnel under that section.  But I figured he'd find out soon
enough ;)