TheBanyanTree: My Father

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Thu Dec 9 09:29:38 PST 2010

It is hard to realize that, one day, we shall be babies again.  Well,
don't we all sometimes say, "I wish I was young, again?"

Be careful for what you wish.

I feel badly for you and your father. This is another hard time in Life.
Yet, you visit him, you know he is a comfortable as they can make him. He
knows  you, and knows where he is, that's the good and the bad of it.

You cannot take care of him, he needs more than you can give him right now.
 Read to him, if you have time.  My father liked to know the news, and when
 I visited, I read him that day's paper, and we'd comment on the weather,
politics, and why on earth was not the fifth street road project done yet.
We  talked about old times, the fun we had, old friends, old camping trips.

Time together is all you have with him. Make the most and the best of  it.

A well-written and poignant story. Thank you for sharing.