TheBanyanTree: 9 Years Ago, today Dad...

Sheri Baity sheribaity at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 08:23:51 PDT 2010

It’s been 9 years today since you crossed over. I want to see your smiling grin one more time. You know the one, that grin that always looked like you were up to no good. Let’s go lay out on the lawn chairs again and count the shooting stars. It’s fishing season now. Do you want to go cast one into your secret fishing holes? Let’s go see if we can pull out a native or a tagged trout. First we had better get some night crawlers out of the lawn with your homemade worm shocker. What we don’t use we can surely put back into your box that you are raising them in.

The sun is shining brightly on this spring day. It’s almost as warm and inviting as your hugs were. I miss those hugs Dad. Your sweet great grand baby Jessica is out in Texas right now strumming on her new guitar. I know that would make you smile. You always wanted to learn the guitar and banjo. That’s ok, she will play it for you. You should hear her singing… like a true Angel, that lil bit is. And your granddaughter, Jamie sets there smiling proudly watching and listening to Daddy and Daughter compose a new tune. Are you listening too, Dad?

Don came up to see Mom for a week. She tried so hard to stay with him until the last day, but then she started drifting again. I know she is happier when she is drifting into that other special place. Are you getting ready to have your dancing partner back? She talks about you more and more like you are still here. In her eyes and mind, I guess you never left. Oh, how I wish that were true.

I bought myself a May lottery ticket from the Lycoming Creek Anglers Club the other week. I told the good ole guys that this was for you! Are we going to win big in May, Dad? My number is 814. Let’s clean house Dad! The fire house still tells me stories of how Sammie is alive and well in there. Unexplained things happen and all they can think of is… Sammie must be watching over us. You remember when the fire house called my new unlisted number? I knew it was you saying hello to me. No one over there was even near the phone or even in the fire house at that time. I still smile about that one Dad! I left that number on my caller ID for years until the phone finally quit working.

We put a new roof on your hunting shack. I keep on thinking that I will hunt out of there, but I never do. I just have dreams that I have to keep it exactly how you left it for when you get back from whatever you are doing. I know Dad, silly me. We had to take out the mattress, the mice used it for a nest. I wish we could build some more things on the farm together again Dad. You and never having a straight corner just gave things character. I miss that character!

Well Dad, it’s Easter Sunday. I’d best be getting busy with things around here. If I get some time to myself today, I’m heading over to the place that we spread your ashes. I think I will set down by the creeks edge and do some drumming and singing, as long as no one is fishing back there. Because I remember those words you instilled in me years ago, clear as day… Shhhhh, you have to be quiet or you will scare the fish away. Your fishing basket still hangs on my wall. It is filled with countless memories of you, just like my mind and heart is. I’ll be thinking about you Dad! I Love You! Cast a line in Heaven’s pond for me today, if you don’t mind. I’ll get there sometime to pull it out…

Sheri L Baity

American Predator Federation
"Where Predator Hunters Are Forming A Pack"
http://www.huntapf.org

A woman is like a tea bag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water~~Eleanor Roosevelt