TheBanyanTree: coyotes

paul paul at remsset.com
Thu Sep 10 14:01:27 PDT 2009

TLW said the following on 9/10/2009 3:43 PM:
> <<I've been saddened this summer to realize
> we've nearly gone through a whole "windows open" season without hearing
> my coyote friends howl in the woods near us. >>
>

> They've all come out west, Julie.  They were having a film festival in
> my back acreage last night.
>
> xoxoSidda

Sounded like home, eh?

Not much on the coyote front here.  Or the raccoon front.  But something
came through a couple of months ago and after mortally wounding the mama
cat, three other cats vanished.  And three weeks ago something wiped out
all eight chickens that liked to sleep outside.  well, yeah, it's still
89F at 9pm.  Not a feather...

No tracks I can see.

One of the neighbors says he saw a cat.  Mountain Lion kind of cat.
<shrug>  That was six months ago.

paul
--
    http://remsset.com

    Why is a school zone 20 mph? That seems like the optimal
    cruising speed for pedophiles.