TheBanyanTree: Winners

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 19:46:36 PST 2009

Got to meet Jim Miller during his visit to San Diego.  If any
of you would like to behold in-person optimism and energy that
could light a hundred candles in a cold wind, arrange to spend
some time with this man.

In our wanderings for a couple days we soaked up sea breezes,
sipped tea, swapped stories, recalled Spoon magic, and Sunday
morning heard a choir and a pipe organ playing Bach by a banyan
tree.  Not a bad sermon either -ended with "Want what you have.
Do what you can.  Be who you are."

Words fall short in conveying the experience, but you have my
word -We're lucky to be in the gathering we have here.

Tom