TheBanyanTree: Out Like a Lion

Margaret R. Kramer margaretkramer at comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 14:03:28 PDT 2009

11/2/05
Hi:
 Did you have anyone in mind when you saw this?
 Love you
Ray-----------Geo!

The winter storm watch was cancelled.  It looks like the storm will pass
north of us, so we’ll get less than six inches of snow.  Thank goodness!  I
wasn’t in the mood to snowblow the driveway anymore this winter.

I went for another walk at Como yesterday evening, minus Shadow.  I love
twilight and we were having an interesting sunset, so off I went in search
of good photo opportunities.  And I got them.

I went to work out today.  I didn’t sit in the sauna, because it was full of
naked women.  I just couldn’t deal with that today.

I went to the cemetery.  I’ve been leaving coins on top of Ray’s stone and
they’re still there, week after week.

I’ve been transferring pictures, files, and documents from my old computer
onto my new computer.  I managed to get 446 MB of emails from my old
computer onto to my new one.

I got most of my old address book on my new computer now.

I love the Grammy winning CD Raising Sand.  After listening to this song
5,000 times I finally paid attention to the words.  They sing it like a
gospel tune, but it’s much more personal:

Your Long Journey

God's given us years of happiness here
Now we must part
And as the angels come and call for you
The pains of grief tug at my heart

Oh my darling
My darling
My heart breaks as you take your long journey

Oh the days will be empty
The nights so long without you my love
And when god calls for you I'm left alone
But we will meet in heaven above

Oh my darling
My darling
My heart breaks as you take your long journey

Fond memories I'll keep of happy ways
That on earth we trod
And when I come we will walk hand in hand
As one in heaven in the family of god

Oh my darling
My darling
My heart breaks as you take your long journey

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net
margaret.kramer at polarispublications.com
www.polarispublications.com

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself
constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night.  I miss
you like hell.
-Edna St. Vincent Millay