TheBanyanTree: Fear of Pancakes

Mike Pingleton pingleto at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 18:44:50 PDT 2009

I'm right there with you on the milk thing, Monique.  I've never liked
it, other than as a suspension for cereal, and grew up hating the
glasses of milk foisted upon me by well-meaning adults.  We are the
only mammal who insist on drinking the stuff far past when we actually
need it, and I gave it up as soon I could.  I became 'officially'
lactose intolerant in my mid-forties, which only hurts where ice cream
is concerned.  Too bad I couldn't have presented that diagnosis to my
parents when I was seven.

I should have invited you over for pancakes this morning.  I use an
organic, seven-grain mix, and I tossed in a big handful of
blueberries, with another big handful as a garnish.  Not a drop of
milk in sight, but there was a pot of hot coffee.

-Mike