TheBanyanTree: what a mess

David Rubin miamidave at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 08:17:20 PST 2009

And you call yourself a procrastinator?

Step 1 - After being repeatedly reminded by Janie about "clutter"
(called in our domicile 'Moose Piles', for reasons that stretch back
into antiquity), toss stuff into a cardboard box in some relatively
inconspicuous location.

....period of time extending from approx. 2 weeks - 2 months....

Step 2 - As boxes fill, stack and cover with decorative sheet,
bedspread, curtain, or other creative item(s).

....period of time extending from when stack tumbles until Janie gets
totally fed up....

Step 3 - Endure many belittling remarks from Spouse regarding Male
gender in general and myself in particular.  Move stack of boxes into
least conspicuous corner of garage, with attic as a fall-back.

....period of time:  indefinite, until either an insect is seen by
Better Half or Fire Marshal inspects....

Step 4 - Open all boxes, triage enclosed stuff, make piles:  A) To
File in filing cabinet; B) To Be Dealt With Immediately, like that 2
month overdue bill; and C) TAKE TO DUMP NOW!!

....period of time:  as long as my excuses hold out, normally 1-5 minutes....

Step 5 - Carry out actions listed in Step 4.

Repeat entire procedure........................

Now THAT, my dear Julie, is procrastination!!

Dave Rubin - another former Nosher and Spooner crawling out of the woodwork.