TheBanyanTree: My Favorite Cecil Story

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 12:08:09 PST 2009

On 3 Jan 2009 at 10:07, Tom Smith wrote:

> Cecil, ol' buddy, thanks for the laughs on this one:

Tom, you're brilliant.  What a great way to memorialize Cecil - with his own
words!

If anyone else has a favorite Cecil story they've kept, why not send it
along?

--
Laura
wolfljsh at gmail.com

Here's one I found in my vaults from Wed, 15 Aug, 2001.  He titled it
simply:

'Silly Poem"

I haven't the foggiest idea where I'm going with this, but here goes?

 Once upon a midnight dreary
 My eyes were red and kinda bleary
 As I staggered out the cottage door.

 I was headed for a tavern,
 Dark and dank as any cavern
 Groping, hoping I could find a pretty whore.
 Only this and nothing more.

 As I staggered toward my jitney,
 That was built by Eli Whitney,
 Mumbling, grumbling as I'd never done before.

 Something crept out from the shubbery,
 Brushed my legs, so awfully rubbery,
 Causing me to swear some more.
 As I opened my car door.

 I thought it was a little kitty.
 It was not, and that's a pity.
 Such an odor no one ever smelled before.

 I really never should have kicked it,
 A big mistake that really ticked it.
 My bathtub I sank far out from the ocean shore.
 Need I tell you any more?

Okay, my apologies to Mr. Poe. You wanted a silly poem? It is even sillier
than it looks, because I'm not a drinker, and I sure as heck never went
looking for a that kind of woman.

BUT I'VE BEEN SPRAYED.

Cecil