TheBanyanTree: About My Brother

Jeri Xiques jer.x at vownet.net
Thu Jan 29 15:33:26 PST 2009

 One day while my little brother and I were playing in our Galveston yard, I
made my brother eat ants.  He was probably 3 and I would have been about 5
at the time.  There were some tiny little black ants marching in a wiggly
line from wherever they came from, into my mom's kitchen.  Well, I don't
know if those particular ants intended to visit Mom's kitchen, but others
just like them did all the time.  Mom complained that she could never get
rid of them; she called them "sugar ants."

 I don't know what possessed me to think he should eat ants, but I guess I
did, and so after I hit him a few times, he scooped up some in his hand and
put them on his tongue.  But it was only a few.  And he didn't get sick.
And I don't remember getting in trouble for it.

Thankfully, Don doesn't remember the incident...he's bigger than I am now.