TheBanyanTree: Seriously, son...

Sachet sachet at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 09:18:06 PST 2009

I am, with great anticipation, and oft times, a tremendous amount of
FRUSTRATION, looking forward to the day that my beloved son, *gets it*.

Last night, as he's doing his *own* laundry (score one for Mean~Mom) he
wanted me to set the dial for him. I politely declined pointing out that
when we moved into this house, with the washer & dryer already in place,
I had to figure it all out and I know that's he's smart enough to do the
same. (Sneaky parental psychology at it's best. <g>) Plus, I'd already
offered to show him how to do it a few times before, but he was always "too
busy". Pffffft.

And sure enough, he figured it out.

Then....he wants me to pour in the detergent. <eyes rolling>

Like...seriously dude... I'm, gonna do that?!?!

I did explain how full to fill the lid, since reading the instructions
seemed to be beyond this helpless version of my usually,
obnoxiously-ever-so-independent son.

As he's pouring in the detergent he looks at me and asks, with a
disdainful curl to his lip, if it's the cheap stuff.

Excuse
me????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

At that point I wanted to thwap him up side his oblivious teen/man head
and yell...."Are you paying for it!?!?!?? Are you chipping in for the
water OR the electricity to run the washing machine that you are using
for FREE?!?!?

But I didn't.

I calmly said no. And walked away.

In reality, I REALLY don't care what laundry detergent we use. Some
weeks it's Tide, other's it's Purex....Jim knows it truly doesn't matter
to me. Clean is clean and they all seem to work the same for our family.
YMMV

But dammit all anyway, if I'm getting something for-freakin'-free, I
sure nuff don't have the utter audacity to question whether it suits my
uppity-standards or not.

growlingly yours....

...me <g>