TheBanyanTree: Old Friends and Good Friends

auntie sash auntiesash at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 00:13:03 PDT 2009

Reconnecting with my high school friends after 27 years - and refinding the
self I left behind - thoughts of friendship and connection and bonding and
faithfulness.... all that stuff has been swirling around my confused little
brain.

This story captures something.  Something about true friendship and
connection.  I want to be the friend who hands you warm toast and tea and
bundles you up on the couch.  And I want the kinda friends who will show up
- knowing I will be there and not caring that the couch is a worn and the
blanket smells a little bit of campfire.

Thanks for the story.  And for...well.. all the rest.

xoxo
sash