TheBanyanTree: Dear Dad...

Sheri Baity sheribaity at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 10 06:20:43 PDT 2009

Dear Dad,

I know you are with me... but it's just not the same.  So much has happened in my life that I wish you were here physically so that I could take you on these little adventures with me.

The night time is coming earlier as each day passes.  You know what that means, don't you.  Yup, it will soon be hunting season.  Another couple of weeks Gary and I will go up and do our annual cleaning out of the cabin.  I haven't done yours since you left.  Even after all of these years, I can bring myself to look inside.. but to go inside and set down on your bed or your hunting chairs... I'm sorry... I just can't.

I keep hoping that someday, someone will come up to me and ask to use your cabin in return, put a little love and care and life back into it.  But for now, it sets empty.  Your things are still in the same place that you left them.  "Sam's Palace" that you spray painted on the side of the shack has long faded.  As I set in my shack in the evening and the sun is setting, I swear there is a light on over at your place.  I know it's the sun reflecting off of your florescent orange hat that I placed in the window, but it's still nice to dream.

I wish... oh how I wish that in September I could drive you to a Bass Pro store, walk you inside and right up to the call isle and see the expression on your face when you and I look at my end-cap for the very first time.  I wish that so deeply, but I know that won't happen.  And if you were there, I know you would give me the biggest hug that you were famous for.  Those hugs that melt all of the troubles of the world away.  Yup... that's my wish Dad.  Although, down inside I know you will be there... in the physical world... you will not...

I miss hearing you say "That's my girl" and having that big ole sh*t eatin grin on your face.  I miss talking hunting strategies... I miss being able to call you every night and hearing you say "I Love You"... I miss so much.

I Miss You Dad!!!!!  I just wish you could be here for all that is happening and will be happening.  Maybe, Sam, your son was right when he told me that "I was the son that Dad always wanted."  Why Sam and Don never got into the hunting and fishing, I will never know.  But I'm so thankful I did.

We sure have had some wonderful times together, haven't we Dad?  All of this that I'm into now is because of you!  And I'm feeling lost that I can't have it all... with you...

I'll lay a buck down for you this season Dad... cast a line in that big ole trout stream for me and I'll get there when my time is due to reel in a whopper of a trout!

Until then... I hope you know that you were my hero, my best friend, my teacher.  And never forget how proud I have always been to tell everyone... You were my Dad!  I Love You and I Miss You... thank you for your signs that you send.  I always get excited when I see the next one you send...

With Much Love and Respect,
Sammie's lil girl.

Sheri L Baity
Pro Staff Wilson Game Calls
Sheri Baity Predator Series
http://www.wilsongamecalls.com/sheri.htm

God Give Me Peace because if you give me strength, I might beat someone do death!