TheBanyanTree: I got a haircut

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 07:43:25 PDT 2008

In a message dated 9/29/2008 2:07:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
monique.colver at gmail.com writes:

Today  was a nice sunny
day, so, armed with a gift certificate for McCormick &  Schmick's that needed
to be used, we headed for their waterfront  location.

Good thing you used the gift certificate.  Things are so bad here in  sunny
Fla, that if you get a restaurant gift certificate, you better use it the  next
day.  Places close like lightning.  Even the bigger chains, like  Chilis and
Lone Star Steak House closed without warning.  "Let's go get a  steak," I said
to a friend, recently.  "I saw the Lone Star sign about  their $10.99 special
and it sounded good."  We got there and the place was  closed, dark, empty.
I could have sworn it was there when I drove by that  morning.  With the
economy being the way it is, only the MacD's is busy.  The restaurant business here
is terrible, anyway.  During the snowbird  season you better make a ton of
money to float you through the summer.

NancyLee