TheBanyanTree: They dropped me.

LaLinda twigLLet at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:10:42 PDT 2008

On the steps.  Kevin and Christine.  Christine, actually, because she
let me roll, the wheelchair fell, I slammed my head and Kevin landed
on top of me, which was sort of fun and comforting except his arm was
pinned down underneath me and he had to lift me with the pinned arm
to get it back.

What a trip.

So, I had a big bump on the back of my head (hurt like heck all the
way to my teeth) and Kevin has a big mark on his face and
forehead.  Since we were at the bottom of the steps and my head
didn't come apart in my hands, as I feared, we went on to the
dentist, anyway, where I was to have my teeth cleaned.   "You'll have
a great story for Mindy," he said as we drove over.,  "Hello?  I
already have a story for Mindy because they don't know that I am
currently crippled, yet."

Poor Mindy was aghast at the wheelchair and cast and brace and Kevin
couldn't wait to tell her of our unexcellent adventure.  She wanted
us to go to the hospital.  I promised her we'd go to the ER and get
the blood mopped up as soon as she was finished with my teeth.

Instead, we felt we deserved a McDonald's hot fudge sundae.  We skipped the ER.

Chocolate rules.

LL DeMerle
poet, painter,
matcher of socks,