TheBanyanTree: from Maria: Re: Haiku challenge]

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:35:11 PDT 2008

On 14 Sep 2008 at 21:50, Sachet wrote:

> Laura, Laura.......help me; give me the explanation you might give a
> group of first graders hoping for their excited and innocent, inspired
> lines...........

Hahaha!  Yeah, it kinda lost something in translation.  It didn't help that
when the list automatically stripped out the rich text, it squashed it all
together, making it almost impossible to read.  Sorry about that.  Here's the
simple rule...

Three lines.

First line 5 syllables.
Second line 7 syllables.
Third line 5 syllables.

The "classic" haiku has some mention of a season.  I prefer to ignore that,
and use any darn subject I like.  Lately, that's puppy.  Maybe because I
have a new puppy, and she is currently occupying all my time.

puppy, puppy dog (5)
occupying all my time (7)
making me happy (5)

See?  Easy-peasie.  :)