TheBanyanTree: If the World Ends Tomorrow

mg spaceforone at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 09:55:06 PDT 2008

If the world had ended today, I'd have never known that it was coming or why
it happened; I don;t always watch the news to catch those blurbs of
impending doom and gloom.  I'd have gone in a puff; mid sentence, mid
thought, mid life.  Perhaps I'd have thought I just up and died, simply
that, a snuff out.  Unaware that it was a mass exodus of major snuff out
proportions.  Still.  I'd have been gone, regardless, and wouldn't have
known there was no one left to miss me.

I'd have burned a shadow into the steps of my last shuffle.

The coffee pot would have been left on, clothes in the dryer, sad thoughts
lingering.  The last embrace of my children wiped from my memory by a
blast.

I wonder if I'd have heard the blast?  Do you think there will be a blast?

Is it noisy, a world ending?  I'm imagining it as fast; is it excrutiatingly
slow?

Is it slowly happening now?

Maria