TheBanyanTree: the wedding, etc.

Sachet sachet at alltel.net
Mon Oct 6 08:05:09 PDT 2008

(This is a copy of the email I sent to my brother, Jeff. I think it
covers the details I left out in my haiku. <g>)

The wedding was everything we hoped for and more. Not one thing went
wrong, although we were prepared for it. (our wedding was one thing
after another and I was determined that Chelsea's would be beautiful!)

The weather was gorgeous, the guests were gracious and the wedding
reception was awesome. Chelsea and Chad's vows had people continually
laughing and crying. The little church was full of relatives, co-workers
and friends. I was happy to see that because it was a
looooooooooooooooong drive. Heck, it's 5 miles inside the park from the
church to the reception area! (the wedding was held in the historical
little church and the reception elsewhere within Stone Mountain State
Park - http://www.ncparks.gov/Visit/parks/stmo/main.php)

Zach (my son) and Chad had a blast putting up signs with balloons on
them for the guests to follow. As they were buzzing around the park in
Chad's truck, Zach told me they were reenacting scenes from one of their
favorite guy movies "Reservoir Dogs". <eyes rolling> It was hilarious to
listen to him. Zach spent the night before the wedding with Chad and
then they had breakfast and hung out that morning and he said that they
had a lot of "man-to-man" talks. I have been thrilled and relieved that
Zach has taken to Chad so much, because Chad is so strong spiritually,
so very intelligent, quick witted and strong-willed. With his police
training and experience it means he knows how to handle himself in so
many situations. Zach admires that, so Chad is a great influence and yet
another reason why I am so ecstatic to have him become part of our family.

Our photographer took over 500 pictures, so I know we will have some
extraordinary shots to enjoy. She's cropping, etc. them and then making
us a CD. Then she's returning the photo card, too, so I will have the
originals. We chose a friend to take the photos because we didn't want a
stranger telling everyone what to do. Plus, she takes the most
superlative photos at work and is so detail oriented. I am really
looking forward to them!!!!!

Yep, I am beat. I was limping when I got up yesterday morning. We all
slept over 12 hours from total exhaustion. I was up at dawn Saturday and
on the road in order to drive the 45 minutes to the park to get the
reception decorations done and they came out beautifully. Chad's mom and
Scotty (my brother) helped me, then Chad and Zach arrived to help us,
too. It was a fun time of teasing and laughter. Chad's mom and
grandparents helped us clean up, which was so thoughtful of them. They
are the neatest family!

It was so special to look in the church guest book and see where Chad
had signed their names a year ago on their second date.

Love it, love, love it!

....Sachet