TheBanyanTree: On the Demise of My Cookies

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Fri May 9 17:43:09 PDT 2008

Oops.  Damn.  Didn't mean to send this to the whole darned list.  I'm
tired and I guess that's my excuse.  It's been a long week at work, and
I just got back from my nephew's surprise 18th birthday party at the
local rollerskating rink.  Much fun.  I roller blade on a paved fitness
trail but hadn't been to a roller rink for a few years.  Smoooooth.
Rock and roll, disco balls, flashing lights, limbo.  And let me tell
you, the old gal still has it!  Glide glide glide, swerve around the
kid who is hell on four wheels and the kid who is messing with that kid
and threatening the whole order of the rink, glide glide.  My eighteen
year old nephew had a Spider Man cake.  I think it was intended to be a
funny, retro sort of statement, but then if you knew my nephew, and his
dad, my brother, you might conclude that it was age appropriate for
either one of them.

There, now you have a story.

Julie