TheBanyanTree: Controlling the Storm

Rob McMonigal trebro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 08:04:23 PDT 2008

Last night, at the very heart of the thunderstorm reaching my home, I
stripped as much as decency allowed and stood on my front steps and
let the rain pelt down on me.

It was heavy, each drop slamming in like a massage setting on a shower head.

It was pure water, as pure as you can get nowadays, anyway.

It was invigorating.  I laughed at the world as nature soaked my skin,
dripped off my hair, and completely drenched my pants.

It was powerful.  I was the only one around, raising my hands at each
thunderclap, as though I was the one controlling its fury and rage,
keeping it just enough in check to leave people safe.

It was, for those brief moments, the best I've felt in years.

--
-Rob
trebro at gmail.com
Pictures of Pittsbugh