TheBanyanTree: Tales of a Home Owner, Part Something or Other

Laura wolfljsh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 00:28:56 PST 2008

On 17 Jan 2008 Rob McMonigal wrote:

> About the third push I felt my hand go down a bit further than usual. Next
> thing I know, I'm pulling up layered pieces of--well, I don't know what it
> is, really, but it looked like shale so apparently the prior owners were
> forming sedimentary rocks in the drainage.  Once I pushed past that, I hit
> oil, or at least something black and gooey.
>
> Did I mention this was before dinner?
>
> The upshot is that I am now rather grossed out, convinced I need to
> re-pipe the kitchen, and the proud owner of a working sink.

Um... Rob?  Did you happen to look under the sink when you were done?
It sounds an awful lot like you popped out the corroded bottom of the
disposer, and delved a bit too deeply into the motory bits.  Maybe you
should put a bucket underneath, just in case.

Words of Wisdom from a know-it-all... er, I mean, a do-it-yerselfer, who's
been there, and done that.  Including replacing the floor of the cabinet
under the sink.

:)

--
Laura