TheBanyanTree: First Breath of This World's Air, First Cry

redd_clay at bellsouth.net redd_clay at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 26 02:50:33 PST 2008

--

On Monday, February 25th, 2008 at 5:28 AM Eastern Time, due to forces beyond her control, Annabella Brostrom drew her first breath from lungs custom built for just that purpose during her 9 month journey within the total darkness and unparalleled security of her loving mother.

I suppose little Annabella had a right to protest such maltreatment, for nature so totally upsetting her cozy world and forcing her into our external world.

She made her wonderful entrance into our lives attended by her mother, maternal and paternal grandmothers, father and maternal grandfather.

And she, much to the delight of her paternal grandmother,  now officially gets to share her birthday with her.

And I . . . well, I get to take on the title of "PaPaw", a name that my father wore as a badge of honor for his short tenure as grandfather and great grandfather to grandchildren and great-grandchildren he so dearly loved. It is the least I can do to honor my departed Father's memory.

What would follow, if only this mailing list so allowed, at the very end of an attached .mp3 file, would be a recording of her first ever evidence of the rightful protest described above, that I recording with my cellphone when she graced us with her presence.  But the mailing list does not.  You just have to take my word for it that it was like angels singing . . . at least it was to us.

Though her experience was quite traumatic,especially for one so fragile, and she was forced against her will to join us in our precarious world, we promise, God willing, to do our absolute best to make any inconveniences and discomforts experienced in that process up to her.

  bd
   ---