TheBanyanTree: Lost: One Muse

Monique Colver monique.colver at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:34:59 PST 2008

Maybe I've spent too much time evaluating debits and credits. Maybe I forgot
what I was supposed to be doing here, in my haste to do what was expected of
me. Maybe I became too wrapped up in another reality, the one that ensures
all the bills get paid on time. Maybe I let the January chaos seep into my
inner core, leaving no room for anything else but a determination to get the
job done.

Hah. That's funny. Determination applied to me. I've never been determined
about anything in my life. But look, here's the thing. I now have free time,
now that I survived January, and suddenly I've forgotten what it was I meant
to do once January was finished. I think there were a thousand things I
wanted to do, give or take a few hundred (I can't keep track accurately when
things are always popping up or down, can I?) (Things pop up, why can't they
pop down? Or do they just fall inward on themselves, like an implosion?)

Anyway. There is no reward being offered at this time for said muse, but it
would be greatly appreciated if it were to be returned to me, should it be
seen wandering the streets in its haphazard fashion. It's about this tall
(you can see where my hand is, right?) rotund, like me, given to sudden
outbursts when necessary or not, likely to pick up stray newsprint floating
around in the hopes of finding something interesting to occupy itself. It
may not want to return, so coercion and threats may be necessary. Go ahead.
It may spit and splutter and exclaim that your karma is wrinkling
unfashionably, but go ahead. Return it by parcel post, or return it by
carrier pigeon, if you can find one big enough, and I'll reimburse your
costs, as long as it's less than a dollar fifty. I'm on a budget here, after
all.