TheBanyanTree: diamond snow

Dave dseaman77 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:55:42 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sherry Lester"
To: <thebanyantree at lists.remsset.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2008 7:33 PM
Subject: TheBanyanTree: diamond snow

>I awoke this morning to cold temps and sun shining on
> the snow showing the night had sprinkled diamonds all
> over the ground and glued them to all the trees. The
> diamond covered world lasted all day.  I ran for my
> camera, but knew it wouldn't be able to capture the
> beauty of it.  What is this that rejoices when there
> is beauty to be seen?  What is the impulse to save it,
> capture it some way, share it?  If I could, I would
> wrap up the beauty of this day and send it to Dave in
> a big flat rate box and suprise him.  "Merry Christmas
> Dave" it would say and he would open it and be blinded
> by the sparkeling light and his darkenss would be gone forever.

That was so beautify descriptive and a wonderful wish. It was as if you *did* give the pressie
of diamond snow to me. Thanks so much for such a fine gift.

We have had ice storms here in Central Illinois. All of the tree branches are covered with
glass ice. As well as the bushes, cars, and roads. Its been cold and tonight colder. 2deg with
29mph to 30 mph winds. Good day tomorrow for Bonz and me to stay inside and watch movies!

Dave