TheBanyanTree: My Long Tall Texan

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Thu Dec 11 08:41:57 PST 2008

I agree with all, concerning our Cecil.

I, like some others, met Cecil in the old Spoon Cafe.  I loved to read  his
pithy stories, and we also had many an aside 'chats' via email.  Such a
talent. I hope there is a collection of all his adventures so that his youngest
relatives get to know him as well and lovingly as we did.

I remember his fishing trips, and the funny (though probably not so funny  to
him) stories about the boat and motor troubles and fishing all day or weekend
 and catching nothing but a cold. He made me see the area, the beauty of the
Southwest, and an insight into the humor of a very wise and funny man.

Cecil is like a much-loved family member, a gentleman always, with a wicked
twist of wit, and a certain sharp way of writing down his stories and doings
that delighted all and made the simplest outings an adventure.

You are in my mind and heart and prayers, dear old friend.  May your  time
here be gentle, your memories sweet, may you always know how much you are  loved.

NancyLee