TheBanyanTree: Whose Heart?

John spoonoid at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 21 14:06:08 PST 2008

I met a man at the flea market who was trying to sell George Washington's ax. The ax was claimed to be the one the father of our country used to cut down his dad's infamous cherry tree. The ax was so old the handle had been replaced a few times, and the head had been resharpened so many times, it was worn out and had been replaced, too.

I have a 1970 Chevy pick-up truck that I have owned since 1980. Over the years I've replaced its engine, transmission, tires, wheels, battery, radiator, windshield, upholstery, brakes, heater core, hoses, belts, headlights, bumpers, etc. Even had it repainted once. But it still has the original VIN, so it's the same truck.

I think Jim is still Jim, too.

Later, John.