TheBanyanTree: Gretting to Cecil

Jim Miller jim at maze.cc
Sun Dec 14 13:44:03 PST 2008

Cecil, old friend, you're not so far from me now that I couldn't visit
occasionally. I'd like that. I live in Spokane, only a few hundred miles
away. If I thought that you were up to it, I'd find some time to come soon.

Cecil, I've admired you from our first contact around 12 years ago. I
admired that a person your age was even on the Internet. I admired your zeal
for life. Your are an example for me to follow. We didn't write often, but
always, your words were encouraging and positive. I enjoyed hearing about
your fishing ventures and difficulties with the boat and finding someone to
go with you. You've motivated me to want to fish as I've gotten older. I was
even out looking at boats a few years ago before my plans got altered for
the transplant. Always when I think about fishing, I think about you. I'm
glad that you made a picture available so we could know what you look like.

Like others here in the tree Cecil, I loved your stories and ready
participation anytime the group selected a story theme or hot potato. You
were always there. We miss you and are privileged that in a small way, you
were part of our lives.

Cecil, we know there comes a time to put the pole down. I'm sure that you're
doing it reluctantly. I pray that someday soon you will find that perfect
place where that sun shines brightly, the deep cool waters shimmer in gentle
ripples and the whoppers are biting hard.

Peace to you my friend.

Jim Miller