TheBanyanTree: splish splash

Sachet sachet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 11:55:53 PST 2008

The spring had been dry due to the drought. Now with all the rain these
past few days, it's been replenished and then some.

So now the spring is flowing into the pond as was intended to keep it
full. The pond is ready to overflow into the yard, but the overflow
drain is very nicely working very efficiently and flowing into the creek.

Eeek! The creek! It sounds like a raging river, so I went down to look
at it. Eeek! It's usually this nice gentle little thang, trickling
along. Eeek! It's bubbling and foaming and raging along about 4 times
it's normal width, 6 feet in places. I am so glad it's far down away
from the house.  Hmmmm.....I just thought of something....there are two
bridges to cross to get to our house. I wonder how they are faring?
Hmmm...guess my husband will find out in a bit.

Our neighbor has two boats. Now I see why. <g>

I keep peeking up at the mountain side loaming so tall over the house.
Then I remind myself that it's been there forever and not slid down, so
why would it choose now?

I'm just glad our bedroom is towards the front of the house.

That way we can just splash into the pond. Soft landing. <g>

And the snow due tonight will help, too.

...Sachet