TheBanyanTree: State Fair

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Thu Aug 28 10:19:35 PDT 2008

A lot of states have a State Fair. I know in Florida they have one, but
those people don't know how to put on a State Fair.  It's a collection of  venders
and food booths and rides and ring toss games.   Minnesota and  Iowa both
know how to put on a class act State Fair, and this past weekend, I  went to the
Minnesota State Fair, twelve days of crowds and fun and noise and  fattening
food on a stick.

Pigs, giving birth, the largest boar, at something near half a ton, cows,
bulls, cows giving birth, horse shows, turkey legs and mini donuts, rides and a
midway, competition for gardeners, the biggest pumpkin, the best tomatoes,
butter carving, grandstand shows with country stars, cotton candy, cow poop in
the street, someone's prize goat getting away and running amok, DNR
conservation  building with demonstrations, sheep bars, pig barns, poultry barns, my
granddaughter's rabbit among a thousand other rabbits, a million people,
builders, machinery hill, dust, art building with quilts and clothing, crop
displays,  a building with home improvement booths and information,  political
booths, and a traffic jam coming and going that boggles the  mind.

And, that's only the beginning.

I walked miles, ate way too much, stayed way too late, got way too much
sunburn and grit, had a blast, and want to go again.

deal here.