TheBanyanTree: (no subject)

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Thu Sep 13 07:33:46 PDT 2007

Quoting TL Wagener <tlwagener at gmail.com>:

> There is no Fall here.
> I read (and sigh at) all y'all's.
> Ca-li-forn-i-a.

As much as I love California, as much as I wish for more perfect,
clear, blue Santa Cruz skies and an ocean breeze, September and October
would keep me longing for the gold-red rolling hills and crackling,
cool air of home.  And, also, maybe, the last two weeks of May when the
greens are so green it hurts the eyes.  And I'll keep most of December
and the thrill of the first few flakes swirling around twinkling
holiday lights.  The rest of the time, except for some scattered
perfect days, you are probably one up on us.

Julie