TheBanyanTree: Incurable Cancer

Stew Young youngmarketing at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 17:47:07 PDT 2007

So what more is there to say. I just got back from the oncologist. I have
intestinal cancer that has spread to the liver. And the oncologist politely
told me that the liver cancer can't be cured. I'm stuck with it for the rest
of my life... (which, by the sounds of it, doesn't seem to be that long.)

There's another cancer growing in my <insert fancy anatomical name here>.
Basically it's between the small and large intestine. They can operate and
remove that one, but I'd still be left with dealing with the liver cancer,
and that's the one they want to focus on right now. Who am I to argue. These
guys have more initials behind their name than the alphabet has letters. I
realize they aren't infallible, but they know a lot more than I do.

So I start the oral regimen of chemo therapy tomorrow. 8 pills twice a day.
16 freakin pills a day.  I bet they're horse pills too...something to really
get that gag reflex going, even though i'll already be nauseous.

All this to try to extend my life by a few months to a few years. I hope
these last few segments of my life that I have are extremely wonderful. It
doesn't sound like it's going to be much fun.

If anybody has any thoughts or suggestions or commiserations, feel free to
write to me at youngmarketing at gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you.

Stew

Day #1 of the rest of my life.