TheBanyanTree: Thanksgiving Weekend Comes to an End

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 00:06:54 PST 2007

In a message dated 11/25/2007 8:48:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
margaret.kramer at polarispublications.com writes:

I’m  waving good-bye to Thanksgiving.  It’s been a nice LONG  weekend

Too long in some ways.  Got rear ended on Thanksgiving Eve. No  injuries, and
the car was still driveable, but it was a jolt. We were stopped at  a red
slight, fer cryin out loud, not even moving, when some dude talking on the  phone
and eating . .blammed unto us.  I was ticked, especially since I was  driving
my passenger home from her physical therapy, which was undone in that
instant.  I leaped out of the car . .and approached the other driver.

"What were you thinking, my good man?" I said, or something like  that.
"Can I hit 'im?" I asked my passenger.  She said I couldn't and it  bummed me
out.

We called the cops, the other guy got a ticket. And we  were on your  way
with a hot little police report in hand.

Thanks giving was good, though I didn't understand a word anyone was  saying.
 The folks were Spanish, and they talked all day  in their  language. I can
understand a lot, but speak it back little. The food was great,  though, and I
overstuffed myself, then we stopped at a friends house just to say  hi, and
ran into another dinner.

I'm still full.

Hope everyone had a good one.

NancyLee