TheBanyanTree: Terry Hinley

Julie Anna Teague jateague at indiana.edu
Mon May 7 12:27:30 PDT 2007

Quoting "Dale M. Parish" <parishdm at att.net>:

> Just listening to one of the Terry's CDs and wondering if anyone
> heard from the family lately?  I see that Donal, his younger brother
> was nominated to perform at the Kerrville Folk Life Festival this
> month.
>
> Kelsi would be about 21 now.

Good grief.  I think you are right.  She was a big-eyed, grinning eight
year old when I met her in 1995.  I haven't heard a word, but I think
of Terry from time to time and still listen to the CDs.  I can still
hear him singing "Firefly Summer Night" around a campfire in Durango,
Colorado.  Some people remember where they were when they heard JFK was
shot.  Oddly enough, I remember where I was when I learned that Terry
died.  Partly because he was that kind of special, and partly because
my own life was at a weird crux and felt almost like a death and
rebirth.  What a loss to our lives to not have all the stories he'd
still be sharing as Kelsi grew up.  I'm glad to hear Donal is still
performing.

Julie