TheBanyanTree: Cannot Start Microsoft Clip Art Gallery

Margaret R. Kramer margaret.kramer at polarispublications.com
Sat May 26 07:18:27 PDT 2007

Somewhere along the way I lost the ability to bring clip art into my Word
2000 documents.  Yes, Word 2000, I’m way behind the times.  I can’t afford
to update Microsoft Office and I haven’t felt in Microsoft limbo land yet,
so I get by just fine with Office 2000.  I used to try staying on the
cutting edge with my computers and software, but as I’ve gotten older, my
technical equipment, hard and soft, ages with me.

But I get this message “Cannot start Microsoft clip art gallery” when I try
bring in a cute picture to accent my wonderful documents.  I tried the
repair piece on set-up, but that didn’t work.  I’ll figure this out
eventually, but I’ll hate spending the time needed to do so.

Speaking of time, this LONG weekend yawns wide open before me.  I don’t have
any specific plans except the usual household chores, and that’s so
wonderful.  I usually plan my days down to the minute, but it’s nice to have
weekends, especially weekends, with nothing but undefined minutes.

The weather is going to be a bit coolish, so I know my summer-loving younger
grandson will be disappointed.  He’s been looking forward to going to the
beach all winter.  The beach days are going to happen, but not this weekend,
I think.  I love hot and humid lazy summer days, too, so I know how he
feels.

Ray starts his radiation treatments next Wednesday.  I’m not sure if he’s
going once a week or what.  I think his doctor said he’ll have 5-7
treatments altogether.  They’ll shoot the tumor in his lung a high dose of
radiation and hopefully that will stop its growth.

We’re both glad to get things started.  It works out well for me, too,
because we’re in between Phase 1 and Phase 2 for our project and I don’t
have any business travel plans for this summer.  Travel might come up, but
it’s not on the calendar for now.

Ray’s gained weight and has resume a lot of his strength.  He moved through
the grocery store at a good pace last night.  I’m glad he’s going into these
treatments as a strong person.  It’s easier to handle a body blow when you’
re strong and ready.

We had some rain this past week and maybe we’ll get some today.  It was so
dry and the lakes were so low.  A good soaking rain was perfect for all of
us.

Margaret R. Kramer
margaretkramer at comcast.net
margaret.kramer at polarispublications.com

Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever
to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone