TheBanyanTree: A Bumper Sticker On My Mind

Tom Smith deserthiker2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 13:45:59 PDT 2007

I have a passion at present for creating a bumper
sticker.. and wish I had the skills of a politcal
cartoonist or artist.  I want to convey through images
a sense of priority..  To me 9/11 is a fender-bender,
and Iraq a train wreck, compared to the consequences
of Greenland's ice sliding into the ocean..  All I've
come up with so far is a collage of half-submerged
views of the Statue of Liberty, knee high in water,
the crossed swords of Hussein's monument in Iraq in
water up to crossing of the swords, and maybe a
floating iceberg between the two.. if news coverage
and priorities were proportional, Paris Hilton is
currently the most important person on Earth.

Tom