TheBanyanTree: 4th Of July

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Wed Jul 4 04:47:16 PDT 2007

This morning at 6:07, my neighbors were setting off firecrackers.  I  also
knew they had guests of many children, and all were early in the swimming  pool.
I could hear kids screaming and shouting, "Mommy watch me!" from ten acres
away.   My guests won't arrive until the P.M., so I have time to do  all I need
to do before. You know: make deviled eggs and potato salad, and put  the
drinks on ice.

I will miss my own family shindig, which is a fantastic and fun mob  scene,
but thousands of miles from here. I miss you guys, and send my  love.

There is a parade in town,here,  and a service with representatives  from
every military group, and everyone else attending, at the Bayside Park  following
the parade. I will be there, even if it rains, which it might.

I ponder and thank all who forged this country, and all who fought for it
since, and even now.  Even if don't always agree with the government,   I
applaud the everyday soldier, whether carrying a gun or simply fighting for
individual freedom through our laws and provisions, and those who defied the law  in
the war for nondiscrimination.

I will watch tonight's fireworks from my back yard, since I am sure  everyone
living hereabouts has a skyrocket or two.  Those backyard  fireworks are as
exciting as any in town, and without the parking jam-up. Why, I  recall one 4th
when we burned the raft.  (but that's another story) Have a  safe one,
everyone.

NancyLee