TheBanyanTree: (no subject)

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Wed Jan 17 21:27:46 PST 2007

"I don't want to be with you any more." . . . .."But we can still be
friends."

Now, what does that mean?  Did the first cause such a look of dismay,  of
shock, that the person saying it backpedaled and softened it to "we can still  be
friends" so as to avoid the outburst?  Or, did the speaker really think  that
after the first, the second was possible?

So, how does that work?  Does the party of the first part still pay  for the
dinner and/or the movie or the tank of gas . .for only a friend?   Do they go
Dutch?  Does the part of the first part still have to buy  expensive birthday
gifts? What about the anniversary?

What about friends and family?  The party of the second part seems to  think
they don't have to know anything. (they being the family and friends of  the
party of the first part.) Of course, the family and friends of the party of
the second part knows every brutal detail.

 Just Friends . . . . .  .

Of course I am going out on a date . .after all .. we're just friends, are
we not? Why are you acting so frigging angry?