TheBanyanTree: Household Accidents

Jim Miller jim at maze.cc
Tue Feb 13 14:36:40 PST 2007

----Original Message-----
From: thebanyantree-bounces at lists.remsset.com
[mailto:thebanyantree-bounces at lists.remsset.com] On Behalf Of Monique Young
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 10:29 AM
To: 'TBT'
Subject: TheBanyanTree: Household Accidents

>They sound so harmless.

>John Russell was at home on the morning of January 26th. He
>had a household accident.

Dear Banyan Tree Friends,

The loss of a life prematurely is always painful. I lost my father when I
was seventeen. For 46 years, that loss has remained the deepest black hold
in my life. At some point in every day I'm remained how much I miss my dad
and that I've not been able to share my life with him.

Sidda said it most succinctly recently; "An Unfinished Life". We all feel
the loss when someone is taken by accident, the younger the person, the
greater the sense of despair; the greater the tragedy.

I have personally known others, as I'm sure you have, who died "before their
time". A friend aged 52, perfect health, fell on the ice hitting his head,
and died. The inevitable truth is that we all die, some early; many, years
after their life has ended. There are many who would say, "the time is
appointed". Short of self affliction, we never know when.

I am most closely aliened with a man who died at the age of 44. I don't know
him. I don't know if he had a wife or children. I presume that he did. I
don't know how he died. I do know he was someone's Son. Some day I hope to
have the answer to these questions. Some day I hope to meet his family and
tell them his heart beat strongly in my chest. His spirit is alive in me
because of their selfless gift. Together, he and I were there for the birth
of my third grand daughter. We were there when another grand daughter was
diagnosed with Asperger's, and we will be there to support her and her
family. Because he lives in me, each day is more precious; each opportunity
to serve others is seized with enthusiasm. Together, he and I will live each
day as fully as possible. We will live hard until our last breath. And then
we will move on.

I will be forever grateful that I have had this change. I morn for the
family that lost their loved one. I understand. I hope some day that that I
can show them that his life did not end "Unfinished", only on another plane
within an altered plan.

Regardless of your personal beliefs, life goes on. Mine continues because
the conscious life of a 44 year old man ended before his time.