TheBanyanTree: The Street, Part !!

A. Christopher Hammon chris at oates.org
Thu Feb 1 18:42:56 PST 2007

Well written, Sidda.  And so ironic after I spent today working on the
preparations of presentations for two online seminars on grief and loss
... for ministers (continuing theological education). In my experience,
the amounts of contributions never really matter; it is the remembering
and the sharing of story that make the difference.

I was talking with one of the people that will be facilitating the
seminar we will be doing related to bereaved parents. The facilitator, a
chaplain in a hospital Neo-natal ICU, lost a daughter in an automobile
accident shortly before Christmas three years ago. The daughter, a high
school senior that was a golden child, was struck by a person running a
light. The person in the car that was following her, stopped and was
with her when she died. He also took the time to share his story with
her parents. Even though I have never met this chaplain face-to-face,
I've heard this story repeated a number of times because it meant so
much to them. And it is a story I share with permission.

I encourage sending the note.

Cheers,
Chris