TheBanyanTree: The Bridge *thank heaven for golf addiction*

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 08:45:41 PDT 2007

I continue to follow the horror story of the falling bridge in  Minneapolis.
It was my home town, after all, and I crossed that bridge  several times a
day when I was a student at the University. I crossed it on my  way to
Wisconsin,  I crossed it when I took my Dad to lunch years ago, and  when my daughter
was scouting out the local colleges after high school  graduation.

When the news hit, I immediately thought of my brother, whose offices in  the
County Medical Building were a block or two away. He crossed that bridge
every day on his way to and from work. He usually worked late, so would be
leaving near the time of the collapse. A bit of panic made me dizzy.

He wasn't home. His wife answered. She, too, was following the breaking
story.  My brother?  It was a nice day, and Summer is closing down, so  he played
a little hooky and went golfing. He left the office at three, and was  on the
course when the bridge fell down.

For once, no one said a word about his addiction to golf.

NancyLee