TheBanyanTree: More strange laws you can still get arrested for

LLDeMerle twigllet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 08:51:19 PDT 2007

I had so much fun mocking some of the laws from
“YOU CAN GET ARRESTED FOR,” that I went on a
hunt. Reportedly, a guy named Otto von Bismark
said, “Laws are like sausages. It is better not
to see them made.” I beg to differ. Especially on the why they were made part.

In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to dress
Alligators in women’s clothing. – Women’s
clothing. Not men’s clothing, you noticed. Thos
leads me to the conclusion that Miami is opposed to cross-dressing alligators.

In Boston, Mass, it is illegal to use a computer
in a way to induce sexual arousal in rodents. –
Now you know this one is recent! I’m suspecting
MIT had something to do with this one.

In Brooklyn, New York, it is a misdemeanor for a
taxi cab not to carry a bale of hay in the trunk.
Or to feed your horse within 150 feet of a
gathering of publicly elected officials. – This
seems a bit petty to me on both accounts,
considering that Manhattan was suffocating in
manure before the subway. I refer to:

In San Francisco, it’s illegal to pile horse
manure more than six feet high on a street
corner. – See? San Franciscans have their
priorities in order as well as being fabulously color-coordinated.

In Mesquite, Texas, for example, it’s a crime for
children to have unusual haircuts. – How I could
have used this law back in 1959 before my mother
cut my bangs on a slant so steep that my comb
needed a St. Bernard to rescue it.

And in Bexley, Ohio, it’s illegal to install slot
machines in an outhouse. – This makes sense. Can
you imagine the line of people with their legs crossed waiting to get in?

In Atlanta, it’s illegal to tie a giraffe to a
telephone pole. – I vote for this one. That’s just wrong.

Last, but not at all least is my very favorite:

(drum roll, please)

In Kansas it is illegal to strap a mongoose to
the roof of your car and to drive more than 15
mph. – If that didn’t make you laugh out loud, you are impaired.

For the full list:

<a
href=<http://www.iseekstuff.com/humor/crazy-laws-you-can-still-get-arrested-for/>http://www.iseekstuff.com/humor/crazy-laws-you-can-still-get-arrested-for/
target=’’_blank”>Crazy laws you can still get arrested for</a>