TheBanyanTree: Scrabbled

Rob McMonigal trebro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 15:23:27 PDT 2006

After many long months of struggle, I have, at last, topped Erica at Super
Scrabble.

I came close Sat night, losing only by 7 points, and this time, I got to go
first, which I definitely think helped.  It also helped that we had a poor
run in the middle game---she had all vowels, and I had all consonants,
including 2 Qs!--which kept her from playing her usual run of double words
on bonus tiles.

She had a slight edge on me when I took my last turn.  I was trying to form
them together, when I saw it:

An S, sitting all alone, with 7 blank spaces before it.

Then I looked at my letters: 2Es, I, N, G, D, and the blank.

It was "feedings" time for me.  44 points for the word, another 50 for the
bonus, game over, I win.

I am now the reigning Scrabble chanp.  And, oh yeah, I will play again,
though retirement thoughts are tempting... :)

-Rob