TheBanyanTree: Trying again...

Anita anita at redpepper.net.au
Sat Sep 9 23:33:50 PDT 2006

Hello everyone. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but after
announcing my pregnancy to all and sundry, I unfortunately have to let
you know that I had a miscarriage 6 or 7 weeks ago. I hope this doesn't
raise any unpleasant memories for anyone, as one thing I have found out
since it happened is that SO MANY women and their partners have gone
through this, it's not funny. And often not just once.

My manager was very understanding and urged me to take time off work
because she has had eleven (eleven!!!) miscarriages, the last when she
was 49, and not one single successful pregnancy.  And all the other
stories I've heard.my goodness.  I am in awe of my female peers,
especially now that I understand the physical and emotional burden it
entails.

It's also a reminder that birth is a matter of huge luck, so we need to
count our blessings every day and make the most of our lives, because
it's incredible that we're here at all!

Anyway, we're trying again so hopefully in the not too distant future
we'll be pregnant again. But this time I might just wait a couple of
extra weeks before telling everyone.. :-)

Anita
xxxx