TheBanyanTree: The Woman Is Trying To Kill Me

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 08:16:39 PDT 2006

I joined a gym.

I don't know why.  I can only go there after I have done morning chores,
clean the horse stalls, carry feed and hay to the horses, fill water tanks, adn
rake out the chicken coop now and then.

But, I joined a gym, and i go thee two or three mornings each week. I get my
own personal trainer, you know, the gal who comes up with the sort of
activities to help you reach whatever goal you have. I don't really want to lose
weight, but to trim up, firm those things that need firming, get the old ticker
going now and then.

She has me bending in ways my body does not bend. She loads me with weightts
that would cripple a longshoreman. I run for miles or go
"cross-country-skiing" on machines designed to build my stamina . .for naps and a hot fudge sundae.

I hurt where I stand. I hurt where I sit. I hhurt to type. I hurt to push
food into my mouth.

"Don't give me that hateful look," the gal scolds when she comes up with yet
another form of physical torture.

Yet.

I can feel it.  After a couple of weeks of hating that size-six, hard-body
woman, I am learning to appreciate her efforts.  I can feel it.

I think I will even go back to the gym on those days when I don't have an
appointment with my trainer. I think I am trading in my flab for something
tighter and better.

My trainer, by the way, is forty-six, and in 2004, won a
weightlifting/body-building tournament for woman of any age.

You fast-food teens out there should only hope to look that good.

Bye, folks. I am going back to the gym.

NancyLee