TheBanyanTree: There are those moments....

Sachet sachet at alltel.net
Sun Oct 15 16:29:41 PDT 2006

Moments of such intense personal happiness, not reliant on anyone else,
when you know what it is to feel like a little kid again with that funny
tickly feeling in your stomach as you anticipate something important to you.

I've been a tad tense the past few months for obvious, and some not so
obvious reasons. There have been goals to reach for each week and/or
month that signified important aspects of reclaiming my life
post-surgery. October flew by so quickly last year that I swore this
year I would embrace all the fleeting moments of flame-colored trees and
the kiss of winter in the wind. I've been doing that in small ways here
and there although I haven't been able to do it at quite the intense
level I had hoped for. This weekend was all about ensuring that I get to
the trails to be immersed in the scents that are unique to fall and the
colors that soothe all the jagged edges inside of me.

Yesterday, driving up, down and around the winding mountain roads to
Hanging Rock, looking at the trees, feeling their hues of warm amber,
vibrant red, crispy golden sunshine yellow, and burnt sienna permeate my
soul to the very center of me.....that ever-elusive and always
surprising tickle of pure sparkling happiness came out of nowhere. The
smiles and the bubbling laughter followed in quick succession.

A close friend of mine who lived in Wisconsin, (when I lived in
Florida), used to take pictures of the fall leaves and winter snow for
me because she knew I needed my fix each year. I took over 75 pictures
of leaves, waterfalls, etc. yesterday. But I only posted 16. <g>

http://tinyurl.com/y93gob

or

http://www.snapfish.com
Log on with: sachet at remsset.com