TheBanyanTree: Listening to the Stone - kinda long

Roger Pye pyewood at pcug.org.au
Mon May 22 05:55:34 PDT 2006

I was meeting with a friend the other day when she asked, out of the
blue, whether I would teach her earth healing. In a sense I was taken
aback because I knew she had just become attuned to level two reiki, her
husband is a reiki master, and I had thought the two of them to be very
keen on working with people. But no, she said quietly, she knew it
wasn't time for her to treat people just yet, instead she felt the Earth
calling, had been hearing the call for a long time and been seeking the
right person to learn from.

I didn't know what to say, just sat there for a few moments looking at
her lovely garden where every plant grows so beautifully. Finally I said
"I'm nothing special, Mary. Why me?"

She smiled then looked solemn. "There's something about you that is very
special, that's why. Perhaps it's something you don't know about yet."

Maybe, I thought, maybe not. "Anyway, I don't teach anyone anything - I
just build a nest of information, a learning environment people take
information from and teach themselves. I'd be happy to do that for you,
I have 15 people around the world doing it already, if that would suit."

It seemed it would and we went on to talk of other things. Mary and her
husband Tony are partners in their own factory making sportsdrink
bottles and I had gone to their aid almost three years ago when their
production line was disturbed by spirit energies. It was still an
ongoing issue because some of the energies had proved to be members of a
child-spirit gang who were still there in the factory but now with the
knowledge of M and T and with their own spirit-teacher to care for them.

Soon it was almost time to go. As I got my things together a sheet of
paper fell from my satchel and Mary picked it up. Smoothing it out she
said "What's this? It looks interesting."

"It's a testimonial from one of my distant energy recipients. I asked
for it because I'm applying to join a professional association and I
need a few of them. You can read it if you like."

She sat there silently, her eyes moving down the page, from time to time
peering at me over the top of it like she was seeing me in a different
light. Almost reverently she handed the paper back. I said nothing, just
put it in my bag. Very serious now she said "You don't like
gratification, do you?"

I shook my head. "When I read the letter I felt embarrassed. Humble, if
you like, because anyone could do what I do. I'm just an instrument, a
member of a healing team which bears my name, a conduit from a persona I
call the Great Spirit, that's all."

"No," she answered. "No, you're more than that, much more, and that's
why I chose you for my teacher."

************************
A part of the letter:
The therapy prescribed by the doctors worked to kill the cancer, however
it also destroyed Duane's larnyx. So for the next year we fought
valiantly to keep his larnyx. In August 2004, we nearly lost him to a
bout of aspiration pneumonia. His larnyx was no longer functioning and
we made the decision for him to have a laryngectomy. We had a two month
wait before the surgery; time to allow his lungs to heal and for him to
get strong. Roger was with us every step of the way. He continued to
send his healing energy to both of us. He taught us techniques of
meditation and relaxation so that we might make it through a terrifying
time. We knew from the doctors that the surgery and recovery would be
much harder because Duane had received radiation therapy. We also truly
believed in the healing energy that Roger sent on a regular basis. There
were times when I swear that I could see the angels wrapping their arms
around him. When the time came for the surgery on November 9, we were
both more calm than we ever imagined we could be. The surgery that was
scheduled to take 6 hours, instead took 3 1/2. The hospital stay that
was planned at 10 days, instead was 4. We spent the time in the hospital
learning to take care of Duane in his new life as a neckbreather with no
way of communicating vocally. I learned to do the things that were
medically necessary, but that I never in a million years dreamed that I
could do. Upon returning home, we went to the doctor twice a week. They
were absolutely astounded at Duane's rate of healing. A radiated head
just does not heal. But with all of the healing energy that Roger sent
to him, he was eating Thanksgiving dinner, speaking with his
electrolarnyx and doing more than he had been capable of doing in a long
time. Now just 18 months later, he has learned esophageal speech and
speaks without mechanical aid, as well as most people who have vocal cords.

*************************

My shaping and changing began to occur in 1995, long before I knew the
internet existed. It was then I lost my memory for 24 hours and
Something helped me to get home and bring it back. Some of the memories
I didn't recognise and it is these which have led me to this point on my
journey. TBT is a part of my journey too, the stories and the incredible
experiences the Tree and the Spoon Cafe before it have heard make mine
seem trivial, ordinary. I think that this is a good thing otherwise I
would probably be impossible to live with.

I know how Crystal Heart feels because we are very close and have been
for some years. I am proud to be his friend, and humble too.

roger