TheBanyanTree: SOLD!

NancyIee at aol.com NancyIee at aol.com
Sun Mar 5 07:43:03 PST 2006

Margaret,

Congratulations on your good fortune.  Moving is a big stressor, I think,
what with selling, buying, finances, paperwork, . .and the horrendous job of
packing and deciding what to take and what to throw away or sell.

I bought one house a long time ago and I truly admired what the sellers did.
It was to be a vacation home, so the sellers said they would leave the
furniture.  She also left her books, vases, cookware, linens . . .clothes . handbags
. .right down to lace hankies.  In actuality I think she simply picked up
their purses and walked out.(She DID take her portrait, painted in oil by a rather
wll-known local artist in about 1934., but she left her hats. Thusly, I
"inherited" a vast collection of fancy hats as worn in the first quarter of the
last century by women of a certain means and social status.)

That house became a permanent residence, and when I moved out . I still had
the hats . .as well as my mother's and grandmother's things.  Imagine the
nightmare.

Unfortunately, I took much of it with me, right down to crayoned cards my
children made for me, my mother's twenty and some photo albums, (me at birth, me
at two weeks, me at three weeks,my first smile, my first bath, me sitting in
the high chair, me with my face covered in baby food . . . and there were six
of us to come along . . . you get the idea.)

I never throw anything away.  For instance, our house was vandalized years
ago, and my mother's ruby glass collection was smashed: little vases and shot
glasses and cut glass ruby glasses.. I STILL have the carton of shattered, ruby
glass.  How sick is that?

Moving can be a good way to get rid of all the years' worth of stuff we keep.

May you find the right home in the right location at the right price, and may
it bring you a new adventure and years of joy.

NancyLee