TheBanyanTree: A Sorta Wonder Day Today For Me

Sheri Baity sheribaity at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 11:32:31 PDT 2006

Jamie had called and asked for some more things to be sent out.  On the list was bedding, pillows and stuff like that.  While going through the back room which has been made into the new storage room there were floods of memories to hold.  Treasures to find.  Laughes and of course tears.

  I finally found the picture of my Uncle Don that was killed in the Korean War that I have been wanting to hang in my office.  And in a box full of pics that was once in my parents attic that I have now taken safe keeping of, among the thousands of pics I came across two more of him that were in snapshots.  Apparently he sent them to his Mom before he was killed.  I often wondered who he was, what type of man he was, if he had a special someone in his life.  He stood very tall and looked alot like my Dad.

  He was special to my Dad.  A great loss as well to him.  Since my Dad lost his Dad at the age of 14, my Uncle Don had taken over.  My Dad would talk about fishing, tagging along, always being my Uncle Don's shadow.  The loss of his big brother, best friend and made up Dad figure left a hole so deep in my Dad that I don't think anything would have ever been able to fill.  Anyway, one of those snapshots is of my Uncle and a Buddy standing on a hill in Korea in their fatigues (sp?).  I wonder if his buddy made it out alive and if so, who he is?  The other snapshot is of him and a lady, both in uniform, holding hands.  I guess he did have a someone special.  I wonder who she was/is?  I wonder of their story/time together?  They looked so happy together.  As sure as I'm typing this, I'm just as sure that I will never know...

  Well, I finally managed to find their bedding, of course it was in many differant boxes... smiles.  At the bottom of this one box there were a few toys of Doodles.  I started going through, holding, even playing with each piece as if to grab ahold of her energy that once did the same.  Do you remember the Rockem Sockem game? Well Miss Doodles has a Rockem Sockem Sponge Bob Square Pants one.  I use to hate Sponge Bob... always dreaded to hear her sweet voice ask if she could watch it again for the 100th time for the day, but I never refused.  Gawd what I wouldn't give for her to be here right now asking to watch Sponge Bob...

  Also in the bottom of the box was her piggy bank and a gumball machine, both complete with money.  I immediately went to my change jar and emptied it out into her banks.  There were also two $1 bills folded up amongst the toys.  Well, I had three in my pocket.  I bet you can't guess where they are now... grins  It will be like she is opening up her very own treasure chest from Gramma Crow.  I wonder what the look on her face will be like as she touches, feels, plays and see's as she reaches for each piece in that box as I did just a few days ago when I was packing it.  I wonder...

  I'm picturing my daughter taking out her bedding.  Will she be wrapping herself up in it like it is a long lost friend from home?  Will she look just as beautiful and peaceful as she looses herself in her pillows tonight when she lays her head down to sleep.  Even at her age I still loved to peek in and watch her sleep.  I miss that.  I miss her.  I wonder what she will be dreaming of when she gets these boxes sent from Pennsylvania... and sent with Love?  I keep thinking and want to scream out to anyone that will listen... Don't forget to Remember Me!

  Sweet Dreams My Dear Beautiful Girls!

  All Of Your Momma's Love!

  Wondering Crow