TheBanyanTree: Childhood Accidents

Sharon Mack SMACK at berkshirecc.edu
Tue Jan 17 06:47:40 PST 2006

I was knocked out when I was about seven and I climbed a tree with a
friend.  A large branch fell and hit my hand...not my head...the branch
was very heavy and had come from high up in the tree.  The pain was
excrutiating.  I climbed down out of the tree because I was feeling
nauseaus, went to get on my bike to go home and passed out...the bike
fell on top of me.  Weird, huh?

My mother wanted to know what my friend had done to me.  She was sure
he had hit me and I was afraid to tell.

The second time I passed out was when my girlfriend and I pierced each
other's ears, numbing them with ice cubes and using sewing needles
dipped in alcohol.  At the very first crunch I was down...but I'm here
to say, we finished the job after I came to and I have those holes in my
ears to this day.  I was 16, I am now 58.  I never got any other
piercings.

Sharon

>>> Maria Gibson <mgibson7 at nc.rr.com> 1/17/2006 8:46:58 AM >>>

Hey, I was knocked out as a child!  I was riding a bike against a group

of boys at about age sevenish.  I was winning when I ran a stop sign
and
was hit by a car.  I woke up in the hospital and, yes, my mom was
hysterical.  This is a very short story because I remember so little of

it.  Then again, maybe the real story is, I didn't die.

The End

Maria