TheBanyanTree: Out of place

Monique monique.ybs at verizon.net
Thu Jan 12 10:38:44 PST 2006

Yesterday my true love took my car to work because it was in the
driveway, while his was in the garage. No problem. I just used his car
for the day. It doesn't matter to me, as long as it's not summer at the
time. His car's from Alaska, and not equipped with air conditioning. I
must have air conditioning.

But in the winter, no matter. I'll drive whichever car is available when
I leave.

Since he drove my car yesterday and I got home first last night, my car
was again in the driveway this morning, so he took it again. No problem.

Then, as I was attempting to wake up, I heard his cell phone ring. If
I'd been conscious enough to pay attention, I would have realized it was
ringing with my special ring. Clair de lune, which is my special ring
that he hears when I call him. At the time, I wasn't thinking, and I
thought he'd forgotten his phone and it was someone calling him. My cell
phone was safe in my office, so I knew it wasn't mine. And I knew he
couldn't be calling me because if his phone was ringing, he didn't have
one with him to call with.

Then his phone rang again. And I realized that I should answer it.

And it was my true love. Last night he'd picked up my phone from my
office before coming upstairs, with the intention of giving it to me,
and he'd put it in his pocket.

And left it there until this morning accidentally. Which was convenient,
since he'd forgotten his phone.

So I have his car, and his phone. This actually works for me. Since I'm
behind on my work, I'm expecting clients to call and ask when they're
fitting into the schedule, or when their work will be done, or where are
the W-2's anyway, and this way, they can, if he should happen to answer
the phone, ask him instead. He won't know any of the answers, but that's
okay. The important thing is, I won't have to come up with answers.

Maybe tomorrow we'll switch jobs too. I'm hoping so.

Monique